Friday, November 16, 2007

Short Days

It's that time of year. The days are short. It's not light until about 8am and it's dark by about 5:30pm. And we aren't yet to the shortest day of the year so light will continue to be limited for a while yet. On top of short daylight hours, it's been just raining, raining, raining. And who wants to be out with a camera in the rain? Not me and not my pooch.

We've also been having horrific wind storms...which mean power outages. This week we've suffered a power outage and been cut off from the world by a slide that blocked the highway and took three days to open a lane and I hear that today...five or six days since the slide they are still working at the slide site and there are delays in traffic.

I'm working away on things beady so some kind of creative things are happening. I must get out with the camera soon, even if just to record some of the bare trees.

No comments: