Friday, September 05, 2008

The Big Bear

It's been a while since I've added any photos but I think it's worth the wait. I took these photos this afternoon from my bedroom window. Life here in the boonies is NOT dull!!

My neighbour threw him some apples.


Here he is munching away. You can see he has a green apple.


He's coming closer!


He's on her patio!!


Snooping around! Is this lighter edible?


Hmmm...maybe there is something over here...


Maybe there is something IN here!!


Then he walked around the fence onto MY patio! He stood up on his hind legs and looked in MY window next!


I just missed getting him looking up at me. Creepy feeling!


Then he wandered back to see if there might be more apples out there.


And then, finally, he wandered off! Time elapsed....about 10 minutes.

9 comments:

Jean Hutter said...

Oh he's beautiful we have a lot of bears at my lake house in PA - they love to knock down my bird feeder. I went out to post the mail here in NJ last week and had a large snake in my front yard - I wasn't happy about that!

Swanee said...

Yikes! Since your neighbor feed him, he'll be back again!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, Wow! That is a little too up close and personal for me. They can be dangerous.

Marlaine said...

Yes it's interesting to see them up close but it's also true that they can be dangerous when there is the lure of easy food for them. I think I have a healthy dose of fear!

Kerrie Slade said...

Awwwww cute .... from a safe distance lol! I remember when I went on a camping holiday in the Rockies a few years ago, they gave us bells to frighten off the bears :0)

Dawn N said...

I think I'll stick with our deer and squirrels. We get an occasional fox but nothing like a bear!

SarahKelley said...

I'm glad I don't live with you. I'd be wanting to outside and feed him:) (Not smart I know) He's a cutie!

pfordcj said...

Wow! The photos are great, and I LOVE him. All of my neighbors have seen bears here in our neighbohood on the edge of Altoona, but we never have. We did have a turkey look in the family room window, though. Gotta love animals!

Anna said...

I'm with Sarah, I'd probably want to pet him! They look so cute, but they are not the teddy bears we would like them to be! He is a beauty though!